Sunday, February 05, 2006

Running

I love to run--really. Nearly every time I drag myself out to go for a run, I find myself extremely glad that I did. Yesterday frustrated me, because it was so cool and blustery outside that the aerobic breathing actually hurt my chest, and I didn't run very far before I was winded and had to go home. But at first, I truly was having a great time.

If only the neighbors would keep their dogs penned up, running around here would be much more relaxed. But wherever I go, I am sure to find, at some point, some dog to come chasing after me, barking as if I had encroached on its territory, its hot breath on my ankles and shins. It frightens me every time, and nearly ruins my run. That was the thing that made me turn around yestereday--two of them, huge, just came tearing out at me as I tried to run by. I am not eager to get attacked by dogs while I'm trying to mind my own business and enjoy being outside; it's just not fair that the neighbors think their dogs can do no wrong and leave them unattended to terrorize anyone who happens by. It is one of the most upsetting things I know. I really am afraid of those dogs, even the smaller ones. So disappointing...

No comments: