Thursday, June 22, 2006

Not what I had in mind...

I've been so busy and tired with work and getting adjusted to new surroundings that I have been unable to get my creative juice flowing. So far the summer has been... well, rough in many ways. My husband had to move to ANOTHER CITY to find a job, and I've been living in Atlanta with his aunt and uncle and young, young cousins. And work has been a little on the stressful side. It's hard to be a newbie, and especially when I know that everyone else around me at least has a college degree. And at the same time, I have not found my current tasks to be entirely challenging or stimulating. But after next week it's on to better things.

I just hope I can shake the nervous feeling I'm constantly having. I feel sick in the mornings, nauseous and dizzy, and then in the afternoons I feel shaky. I have a sinking feeling that no one in the office likes me, even though I'm trying so hard. It's probably just silly paranoia; still, I can't help but think that I've screwed up somehow already.

I've enjoyed cooking when I have the time. My husband and I recently discovered that we can go to Whole Foods and get frozen edamame for nearly half what we've paid for it elsewhere, so I see myself experimenting with that as much as possible. It's been interesting living with non-vegetarians--we're constantly having to explain things to them. On top of that, Bob's aunt is a celiac and cannot eat gluten. So I've been mulling over some vegetarian, wheat-free ideas. I'm sure I'll be back with more on that later.

No comments: