Saturday, July 14, 2007

A friend's a friend forever


Mary Ann is one of the best friends I've ever had. We've known each other for five years, but I can't remember not having her beside me... she truly feels like a sister. She was there with me on my wedding day, nearly two years ago




...and today, I was able to do the same for her.


I was surprised at what an emotional day it was for me, to stand with her as she took her vows. I guess when you love someone so much, it's difficult to let them go--to look at someone else and say, You be her best friend now; sweep her away... because then things change. I move to a new city, she moves to a new city... and then every time we see each other we are "catching up." But you know, that's okay, because for some reason that is the way life is supposed to be. We can't live in college forever.


Look at these two. Mary Ann and Jacob are truly a match made by the Lord Himself, and I couldn't love them more.

Though it's hard to let you go,
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

1 comment:

KleoPatra said...

Aw, i love all these photos, Laura!! Sweet on that last one of MA and Jacob. So sweeeeeeeeeet. Awwwwwww! It must be so cool to have a friend like her... like a sister. I love the "before" pix, too. Thanks for sharing part of her day with us. Nice. Good stuff.