Monday, March 06, 2006

Finally done

I finished my long creative piece today (except for some polishing), and I have to say that, on the whole, I'm pretty satisfied with it. I think it tells the story I want to tell, and I feel like it uses nature very metaphorically throughout. It gels together better than I thought it would when I started composing all of the random experiences that comprise the piece. It's amazing how effortless it was to tie nature back in as central--because nature really was central to the experiences I had when I was depressed, and it really was central to my healing and my spiritual rebirth.

I'm so excited to edit it and polish it. I just hope I can get far enough removed from it that I'm not looking at it through biased lenses. With accounting as my main focus on Tuesdays, I'm sure the topics of my paper will be pushed far out of my mind...

The poem I posted yesterday was inspired by our reading of Loren Eiseley, though that connection may be difficult to see. I liked how he put his central focus outside of himself and on what the true subject should be, whatever part of nature he was writing about. That's how nature writing should be, and in my poem that's what I was trying to do. I don't even know if my poem made any sense or not.

No comments: