Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Long overdue, I know

I promised this photo a long time ago. This is the salmon Bob and I made for our aunt and uncle. Yes, there is salmon in that picture, but it's buried underneath so many other wonderful things--strawberries, oranges, red and green peppers, honey, fresh baby dill... But believe it or not, all those different flavors did not steal the show in this meal. The salmon tasted very much like salmon, with just a hint of sweetness and zest. It was very tender and baked to just the perfect degree of doneness.

We got the recipe from The Food Network, one of Paula Deen's recipes. I don't ever cook Paula Deen's creamy, rich, thick southern food, but this was a recipe that she actually borrowed from a friend of hers. Light and sweet and healthy, this and some wild rice and a small green salad made a wonderful meal. All the ingredients were fresh, too--straight from the Dekalb Farmer's Market. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Beata said...

Looks delicious! You'll have to give me the recipe. I won't cook it but I'm make Sean ;-)